Thursday, January 27, 2011

How to Trade in your Old Jeans for a Beach Vacation

So, I snapped the other month. Another move on the horizon makes me feel like I can not possibly pack another box of crap, to only move a few miles and unpack it and figure out where to put it. I am done. We really kind of have a reputation for not staying in one place long - and it has usually been innocent enough - graduating college, moving to Texas for a good nursing program, moving to Maryland, out of control land lords that let their mutts and elderly parentals roam through our apartment and living space....ahhhh. The fun never ends. Anyho, it brings me back to our predictament. Remembering our past moves make me start to sweat to just even recall thinking about packing up everything we own and relocating. The piano. (Think the old school cartoon with the piano falling out the window). The Apartment on Mount Vista, that was fully furnished complete with unemptied trash cans on the day of our move. "Furnished" meaning the owner "forgot" we were moving in that day. Or, the time there was a monoon, a vehicle fire and 45 pounds of freshly thawed out steak from our ordeal trip ride from Texas. I can still see my dear Mom cooking steaks furiously on every available burner in an attempt to keep them from spoiling while we frantically rushed in furniture and boxes in the midst of a downpour. God bless Mom for that one, and the Moores and Erin and Miss Linda for that crazy afternoon! (And of course every other person who has helped us move; which is to say, every single person we have ever met.)

So, enough said. I am done. We decided we are going to sell and get rid of every last thing we don't use EVERY single day. We are ebaying, donating, and craigslisting our way to a more simple and refined lifestyle. And, as a trade off, we are taking a very much needed break to this beautiful beach house that we have now earned enough to pay off in Corolla, NC for 7 nights and 8 days. Wow. I love my husband - he is quite the entrepeuner. I really did not think we could do it. But, he insisted his old high school jeans and DVD set was worth looking into - and he was right! I think he is going to enjoy the 62" flat screen and hot tub even more than me!

(If you are interested in checking out these crazy cheap beach houses in North Carolina with amenties from hot tubs, pools, and baby gear to fully furnished kitchens and wild horses gauranteed to graze in your front yard, click here. Prices start at $515 for 7 nights.)

Here is a picture of our summer dream home...complete with a start gazing deck on top, a beach view on all sides, a hot tub, all baby gear for free, beach chairs and supplies, a grill, a fishing station etc......I am ready to go now! And, when we move later on in the year, we will be happier that we have much, much less to worry about. Life is in the simple moments.

Exterior

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog and that you are enjoying blogging. And so excited that you are going to be going on vacation this summer!

    ReplyDelete