Thursday, August 11, 2011

The newest Author of the Family Emerges....

For school, Josh's economics teacher asked everyone to submit a story. nevermind that it had nothing to do with business. Josh was stumped at first, but when I suggested he base his story off of what our daily tv programming consists of...Sesame Street or Veggie Tales, he ended up writing a hilarious story that I thought I would share.

If you could make a movie of your dream life, what would the title be? Who would the top 4 actors and actresses be and who would they be playing? Describe the plot and give us the surprise ending.


"So here is my movie. (Keep in mind that my son is 18 months old so for the last year or so all I have watched is Veggie Tales and Sesame Street Re-runs.) The movie would be called The Green Kingdom. I would be the King, played by a cucumber. My wife, the Queen, would be celery and my son would be a sprout. (How a cucumber and celery got together and made a sprout...I'm not sure...just go with me on this.) So the story takes place in the Green Kingdom a long time ago. The Queen is out on a stroll one day and is taken captive by a band of black eyed peas sent by Steven the King, a thought-to-be-vanquished enemy whose greatest power is telling stories to children that give them nightmares far into adulthood. Steven the King is played by Samuel L Jackson (the Pulp Fiction version) because he makes a really good bad guy. So Steven the King is trying to take over the Green Kingdom because he hates the color green and prefers the color blue. He uses black eyed peas as his minions because I hate black eyed peas (the vegetable, not the band...although I dont really care for the band either.) So he kidnaps the Queen to get the King to hand over the Green Kingdom. Methods for fighting Steven the King and his evil army of black eyed peas have been long forgotten. All is thought lost until Prince Sprout, who happens to be a genius and President of the local chapter of Mensa, develops a weapon called the "Pea Shooter", a very effective weapon designed specifically for killing black eyed peas. So the King and Prince Sprout lead the Green Kingdom Marines, armed with pea shooters. against the Black Eyed Pea Army. The battle is thought to be won until Steven the King escapes with Queen as his prisoner on a vintage 1957 Harley Davidson Panhead (case study reference). The King follows in pursuit and grabs the Queen before Steven the King goes of an unexpected cliff. Goes to show you should know the territory your fighting on. So with Steven the King gone and the evil Black Eyed Pea Army destroyed the Green Kingdom is saved. The End."

No comments:

Post a Comment