We first stopped by the Martha Stewart Building to make sure we knew where we were going in the morning...and we found we were only 2 blocks away! We did note how even Martha's Sign made the drab building look pretty and springy.
A quick run through Chelsea Historic Market and then Times Square, and the shops at 5th Avenue. So many billboards, so little time!
Rockefeller Center was beautiful this time of year. All the tulips were in bloom and ready for fun Spring Pictures.
The NBC Studio Experience Store was one of our favorite shops...not only did we get pictures next to a colorful M & M display of the famous studio logo, but we got pictures next to our favorite Office Boss Michael Scott!
St. Patrick's Cathedral...the oldest cathedral in America. It was so beautiful. Words can not do the architecture, paintings and displays justice. Plus, I have always wanted to see a chapel where people can just come in off the street and pray quietly in their pew. I never thought I would see one here, but I did.
What the cops drive. There were lots of regular cop cars, but only around Times Square. I saw alot of these little fish deals buzzing around in traffic. It was very interesting and added to the whole European feel to the city.
Our tiny hotel room...a long hallway with a small cutout for a bed and a bathroom. But, cheap and safe and free coffee in the morning!
Waiting in line to get in before we get to security...
Once inside, we were in one of several waiting rooms. Here we signed waivers saying we would not sue Martha Stewart if we did not like our TV appearance or something crazy like that. We also were given a chance to enter our names in for a prize later that morning and any questions we would like to ask Martha. Than, we spent time learning how to clap on cue and ohh and ahh with a very funny stage manager/ crowd warmer upper guy named Joey.
We were allowed to take pictures until 10 minutes before taping. Then, we were asked to turn off our phones completely. It was mind blowing to see how many people and camara crews were behind a one hour taping. It was also interesting to see the "real" kitchen prep work being done by a number of girls rushing around in aprons measuring out ingrediants and preparing for the show.
We were told what to wear and what not to wear and what colors to avoid or not and thankfully on our way in, we were told we picked out great outfits! yea for us!!
A fake view out the garden window. it was still pretty to see.
Martha lets us take pictures at the end when we have a chance to ask her questions and the grand prize drawing is awarded.
After leaving, we enjoyed some more intersting street sights. The guy above is actually painted in gold. I thought he was fake until he acknowledged a tip in his box in front of him.
Last, but not least we stopped by the famous New York Public Library. Here we were awwed by the marble columns and rare collections of books, including a copy of one of the first printed Bibles from the 1400's. I had always wanted to see this library after I saw it in the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow". it was even more breathtaking than I could have imagined.
Now, we are home and recovering. I guess we must have ended up walking miles since it hurts to sit and stretch, but it was a good workout! And, definitely worth the ride!!




































No comments:
Post a Comment